Scrumptious Vegan Burger with Squash, Chickpea and Nuts
I absolutely love and adore making this vegan burger. My best friend and I had a great time making this amazing burger this long weekend. This burger has squashes, chickpeas, spinach, almonds and delicious spices. The Scrumptious Vegan Burger with Squash, Chickpea and Nuts – is a delight. Check out this amazing recipe and leave a feedback. I do not eat this with a bun but a light salad or a sauce. Those who are intolerant to chickpeas may use hing or hingvastak in the mixture.
Butternut squash (peeled and washed)
Cooked chickpeas (canned from Eden Brand)
Fresh spinach or Arugula or Watercress
Purple onion, sliced
Cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Garlic (can be substituted by ginger)
Almond meal (ground almonds)
Hing or hingvastak (optional)
Himalayan rock salt
A pinch of cayenne
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash (peeled and washed)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (canned from Eden Brand)
- 2/3 cup fresh spinach or Arugula or Watercress
- 1 small purple onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (can be substituted by ginger)
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. tamari sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp. coriander, ground
- A pinch of hing or hingvastak (optional)
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan rock salt
- A pinch of cayenne
- 2/3 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- You can also add fresh herbs such as sweet basil or tarragon
- Saute the onions until they are lightly brown and keep them aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F .
- Rub olive oil and cmin on the butternut squash, spread the squash in a baking sheet and bake them for 30 minutes.
- Place all the other ingredients but the squash and breadcrumbs in a food processor and blend until almost smooth.
- Add the baked squash and breadcrumbs to the mixture and blend again.
- Transfer the mixture in a bowl and mix together until the mixture is thickened.
- Shape the mixture into 6-7 burgers or 10 mini burgers. Place on the baking sheet and put it in the oven.
- Bake about 15 minutes on each side.
- You can also use sweet potato instead of squash.
NICE AND INFORMATIVE ARTICLES