Roasted Sweet Potato Recipe with Curry Leaves
Write a review
- 2 large sweet potatoes, each about 1 pound (450 g) and similarly shaped
- Rounded 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 branch curry leaf (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- Maldon or other coarse salt
- Wash the sweet potatoes, trim their ends, then put them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 425F (220C / mark 7). Bake for about 1 hour until they feel just tender in the middle when poked with a fork; baking depends on the shape of the sweet potato. There will be stuff oozing out of the ends. Set aside and cool completely. Refrigerate up to 3 days. These firm up during chilling so it’s good to work in advance.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch (2.5-cm) chunks. If the skin falls off, discard those pieces. Otherwise leave them for texture.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat half of the coconut oil over medium heat. Add half of the curry leaves and ginger. Lower the heat to sizzle and become aromatic. When the curry leaf starts popping, add half of the sweet potato. Raise the heat to medium-high or high, then cook to coat with seasonings and warm through. Transfer to a serving dish and repeat with the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with Maldon salt and serve.
Conscious Health https://conscioushealth.net/