Ayurvedic Remedy for High Uric Acid and Gout
Uric acid is a heterocyclic emulsion of carbon, nitrogen, hydrogen and oxygen. It’s a waste product of protein metabolism produced by the body from purines, which are present in all cells of the body and in numerous foods. Uric acid is excluded by being excreted in urine when it passes through the feathers.
High uric acid known as hyperuicemia occurs when kidneys don’t exclude uric acid efficiently that beget gout. Substantially, the cause of elevated uric acid situations is diet contains too important purine similar as red meat, organ meat, seafood etc.
Gout called gouty arthritis occurs in about 20 of people with hyperuricemia. Gout can affect joints in body, but flares first appear in large toe. Bases, ankles, knees, and elbows are also common spots of gout.
Gout attacks occur suddenly, frequently at night. The attacks peak in intensity in about 12-14 hours. Undressed attacks of gout generally subside within two weeks.
Symptoms of gout:
Following are the main symptoms you should look out for:
- severe pain in joints
- common stiffness
- difficulty moving affected joints
- redness and swelling
- Monstrous joints
The pain is excruciating. It can be intermittent and come and go. It can be delicate to walk without pain and putting weight on bases at times. Cases may feel heaviness when walk or stand for long ages of time.
An acute gout attack will generally reach its peak 12-24 hours after onset, and also will sluggishly begin to resolve indeed without treatment. Full recovery from a gout attack takes 7-14 days.
A Rejuvenating and Anti-Aging Tonic for Gout
One of the best known Ayurvedic Tonics – known as the Elixir of Life is Chyawanprash. According to Ayurveda, Chyawanprash comes under the category of ‘Rasayana’ which aims at maintaining youthfulness, vigor, vitality of the body and keeping away aging process.
Read more about it in this article: 20 Benefits of Chyawanprash
Ayurvedic Remedy for High Uric Acid and Gout:
High uric acid can treat with natural herbs. Ayurveda treats the root cause of the problem, not just the symptoms. So it can reduce uric acid levels and also keep them from rising again. Ayurvedic herbs have no side effects because they are natural herbs.
There are a number of Ayurvedic treatments for gout similar as
- Triphala means “three fruits.” it’s an herbal treatment that consists of three fruits, videlicet bibhitaki, amalaki, and haritaki. It’s an anti-inflammatory, so it reduces the inflammation associated with gout.
- Giloy is a generally used herb. Juice extract from the stem of giloy is largely effective for treatment of gout as it helps to neutralize the increased uric acid level in the body.
- Neem is used to reduce inflammation and soothe gout flare-ups. It can be made into paste and applied to the affected area by gout. Neem also comes in oil and capsule form.
- Bitter gourd is recommended Ayurvedic treatment of gout. Still, there’s no scientific substantiation that suggests that bitter gourd can reduce uric acid level or treat gout.
Check this Bitter Gourd Stir Fry or Karela Bhaji Recipe
- Cherries and dark berries in diet reduce the level of uric acid. Eating at least 10 cherries per day reduced the circumstance of gout flare-ups by 35.
- Turmeric generally used as spice. In Ayurveda, turmeric is believed to have a number of benefits. Curcumin, the active component in turmeric, is an effective treatment for gout. Turmeric is fairly safe to add in curries, mists, and more. It’s frequently consumed in haldi doodh, also known as golden milk.
Get my Turmeric: The Ayurvedic Golden Gem which is a detailed e-book on turmeric’s health benefits (with over 100 studies), Ayurvedic information, usage, 70 recipes, DIY healing recipes, supplement guide, and more. A great health resource and cookbook!
- Ginger most generally used herb in Ayurveda, gusto has a number of benefits. Ginger is an effective treatment for inflammatory conditions especially for gout. Ginger can fluently be added to diet. Check out my Ginger & Turmeric Pickle Recipe.
Keep in mind, fasting may not be suitable for people with certain health conditions such as chronic kidney disease, gout, and high uric acid.
Let me know once to start to apply these tips and what worked for you. You can also try my Kapha Detox program. I have both vegetarian and non-vegetarian versions.
Written By: Syeda Saira