Ayurvedic Herbal Hair Mask Recipe
Ayurvedic Herbal Hair Mask Recipe is my mother’s own recipe. Of course everyone has their own version and this is my mother’s! Since she has been with me I have had the luxury of someone applying this on my scalp and hair bi-weekly. Oh…I get so relaxed that I want to sleep. I keep this on sometimes for over an hour. Be prepared to be pampered by this beautiful Ayurvedic Herbal Hair Mask Recipe – that will strengthen your hair, detox your scalp, reduce hair loss and keep the grey away for those who need it. Here are some benefits of each of the ingredients.
Benefits of Henna for hair health:
- Henna is a plant leaf – a natural, non-toxic coloring dye.
- Leaves hair silky, smooth and healthy.
- Reduces dandruff from your scalp.
- Gets rid of lice and worms.
- Cools the scalp and relieves headache.
Benefits of Amla for hair health:
- It is a natural hair conditioner which makes the hair shiny, add lustre, leave the hair smooth and silky naturally.
- It contains anti-dandruff properties, especially combined with Holy Basil or Tulsi. Also get rid of boils and itchy scalp.
- The high Vitamin C content ensures scalp is not dry and the essential fatty acid in amla also strengthens the hair follicles from root to tip.
- Reduces hair fall.
- Prevent premature greying.
Benefits of Shikakai for hair health:
- Contains all fat soluble Vitamins (A, D, E and K) and Vitamin C. These nutrients make the hair strong from root to tip.
- Has a very low pH so it does not strip the hair’s natural oil. Works as a detangler due to the same reason.
- Eliminates the chances of dandruff and dryness.
- Assists In hair growth.
- Moisturizes and conditions hair.
- Reduces the chance of premature greying.
Benefits of Yogurt:
- Contains protein and zinc that is beneficial for hair health.
- Strengthens the hair without drying it out.
- The lactic acid in yogurt stimulates blood circulation.
- A great conditioner for damaged hair.
- Gets rid of dandruff, boil and itchy scalp.
- Prevents split ends.
Benefits of Brahmi Oil:
- Prevents hair loss and split ends.
- Combats dandruff and dry scalp.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Keeps hair follicles strong.
- Acts as a hair stimulant and promotes hair growth.
Speaking of hair loss, we need to provide nutrients to the hair to nourish its growth, but also detoxify our blood. Toxin buildup contributes to hair loss and graying hair. Here is a great post about detoxification steps you can take with natural foods and supplements: 7 Day Detox For Hair
Now enjoy the recipe.
- ½ cup henna
- ½ tsp. amla powder
- ½ tsp. shikakai powder
- 1 tsp. organic yogurt
- 1 tsp. brahmi oil or olive oil
- 5-6 drops of lime juice
- 1 tea bag (black tea)
- 2-3 drops of rosemary essential oil (optional)
- Pour hot water in a cup and add the tea bag.
- When it cools down, take the tea bag out.
- In a bowl mix rest of the ingredients and add the tea water.
- Mix with a spoon until smooth.
- Apply the paste on your scalp and hair.
- Keep the mask on for at least an hour.
- Wash away using a conditioner or just plain water.
It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of information. I am
happy that you shared this helpful information with us. Please
stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
I’m now not certain the place you are getting your info, however great topic.
I must spend some time finding out much more or understanding more.
Thanks for magnificent information I used to be looking for this information for my mission.
Very interesting points you have remarked, thank you for posting.