Ayurvedic Roasted Turmeric Potatoes
I have been cooking with turmeric a lot lately. It is a wonderful spice that provides many health benefits for inflammation, skin health, nervous system, digestion, as well as being anti-septic and anti-cancer. Actually.. I am writing a Turmeric e-book that will be out soon! All the benefits of turmeric, the history, and the >100 study references behind turmeric will be discussed, as well as >60 recipes of food and body care uses!
Turmeric is pacifying for vata, pitta, and kapha
Turmeric is bitter, pungent, astringent
Turmeric is heating and drying
In the meantime, enjoy this recipe!
- Potatoes, 3
- Sesame seed oil, 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves, minced. 2
- Turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp
- Cayenne, 1/4 tsp
- Paprika, 1/2 tsp
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- Lemon juice, 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C
- In a small bowl add the spices and mix with sesame oil
- Clean the potatoes and slice into wedges
- Add the potatoes in a bowl and coat them with the mix
- Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, take them out to flip them, bake another 10 minutes
- Check with a fork that the potatoes are cooked.