Spiced Double Chocolate Chip Cookie – Grain Free & Paleo
A twist on this classic cookie recipe! Inspired by a cookbook I bought online – Grain Free Desserts by Jennifer McGruther. I love many of her recipes! I added my spice mix as I can’t have a recipe without them! You can also use a drop of culinary essential oil – make sure they are edible quality. I have used cane sugar but you can substitute with date paste, stevia or honey! You can substitute eggs with flax or chia in water as well as use a teaspoon of coconut yogurt to make this vegan! The possibilities are endless. But not to overdo this time – I have just added the chai spice mix.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie – Grain Free
- Almond flour – 1.5 cups
- Coconut flour – 1 tbsp.
- Cacao powder – 1.5 tbsp.
- Cane or Coconut sugar – ¼ cup
- Himalayan rock salt – ½ tsp.
- Baking soda, aluminum free – ½ tsp.
- Vanilla powder – ¼ tsp.
- Chai spice mix or cardamom – 1/8 tsp.
- Eggs, whole, beaten – 2 (substitute with soaked flax or chia in water)
- Coconut oil or Vegan Butter, melted – ¼ cup
- Chocolate chips, dairy free – ¼ cup or add more if you like
- Add parchment paper on a cookie sheet and get it ready.
- Pre heat the oven for 375 F.
- Powder the sugar using a coffee grinder for a smooth cookie mix.
- Mix all the dry ingredient in a bowl – almond flour, coconut flour, cacao, sugar, salt, vanilla powder, baking soda and chai spice mix. Ensure they are mixed very well.
- Melt the coconut oil and set it aside.
- Beat two eggs and slowly incorporate with the dry ingredients.
- Put coconut oil on your palms and pour the rest on the cookie dough. Mix well so that everything in incorporated together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Make small balls with your palms and flatten them.
- Place them in a tray and keep distance between the doughs as they tend to rise andexpand.
- You will get approximately 12-14 cookies from this batch depending on the size of your dough.
Eat, Share and Comment! If you want more recipes like this please let me know. It would be a nice treat when you on a strict diet. I believe if you get dozen cookies from this mix – each cookie will have approximately 150 calories!