Home Getting Started
Embracing the Natural, Nutritious Way of Living!
- I believe that Greens [as in vegetables!] and Living foods will assist with healing faster if you have a digestive or a chronic condition.
- If you are transitioning towards vegetarian or a vegan lifestyle make sure you eat a balanced meal of proteins through nuts, seeds, high protein grains, lentil, legumes and high protein vegetables.
- I believe in eating fats that are great for your brain and organ health. You can educate yourself about the right fats. Mostly cold processed, extra virgin oils are awesome for your health. Avoid cooking with hydrogenated oil.
- When it comes to hydration drink a minimum of 8 – 9 cups of water [8 oz = 1 cup]. Drink filtered or spring water.
- We should eat more complex carbohydrates such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- When you add dairy, eggs, poultry and eggs in your diet as a source of protein, make sure you know your “source”, how the food was “processed” and what “portion” of is right for you.
- It is important to season your food! Use plenty of spices and herbs in your food. Use the right kind of salt and sugar in your diet. Sea salt or Himalayan Rock Salt [also known as pink salt] are excellent for mineral balance in the body. Avoid “white” sugar completely. Substitute is raw cane sugar, dates, honey or coconut sugar.
- When you detox make sure you avoid all packaged foods that are processed with food colours, additives, preservatives, chemicals, hydrogenated oil and High Fructose Corn Syrup.
- If you are buying a packaged food such as cookies or sauce and you cannot pronounce most of the ingredients I highly suggest you put it back on the shelf.