Anti-aging, anti-wrinkle and anti-acne face mask that is made following traditional Ayurvedic philosophies. Try this recipe and you will fall in love with your face mask! Coconut oil and turmeric face mask will be a wonderful addition to your beauty regime. In South East Asia turmeric is used as a bridal beauty enhancer.
Benefits of the ingredients in the facemask:
Coconut oil and turmeric face mask contains all edible and skin friendly ingredients. Check out the benefits of these ingredients.
- Extra virgin coconut oil: Coconut oil is a natural skin moisturizer. The saturated fat in coconut oil makes the skin smooth. The capric, caprylic and lauric acid in coconut oil are anti=microbial which means applied to the skin regularly coconut oil can protect the skin from infections. The fat from the oil also assists in moisture loss from skin pores. The vitamin E present in coconut oil has anti-aging and anti-wrinkle properties. Lastly the protein content in coconut oil helps to rejuvenate skin by healing damaged skin cell or repairing the skin tissues.
- Organic chickpea flour: Chickpea flower also known as gram flour or besan is made from grinding the chickpeas or garbanzo beans. It is helpful because it tightens the skin, reduces oiliness, acne and removes unwanted facial hair. You can also use or add cucumber juice with this mix to get rid of blemishes.
- Fenugreek seed powder: Rich in vitamins, minerals, and proteins, fenugreek seed is a wonder spice used in Ayurveda for skin and hair care. Fenugreek seeds also contain steroidal saponins which resembles some of the body’s own sex hormones. This in an anti-inflammatory spice that can be used for skin boils, eczema, burn, and blemishes. Fenugreek is often used to exfoliate and gently scrub the skin.
- Turmeric powder: For a royal skin treatment use this wonder and super spice that Ayurveda highly recommends. Like fenugreek this anti-inflammatory spice also helps to get rid of acne, blemishes, boils, dark spots, hyper pigmentation and blackheads. It is also used for psoriasis and eczema. Turmeric in anti-aging, diminishes wrinkles, and improves skin elasticity. It also clears and brightens skin complexion as well as inhibits unwanted facial hair growth.
- Organic yogurt: Organic yogurt is rich in probiotics and lactic acid that can get rid of dead skin, replenish moisture and contributes towards a glowing skin. Yogurt also contains zinc, calcium and B vitamins – all of them assists in healing the skin. Calcium prevents wrinkles, and heal scaly skin. Zinc can reduce skin inflammation caused by acne, reproduce cells and assist in tissue growth. It is said that zinc in yogurt regulates oil production in the sebaceous glands. Do not use any flavoured yogurt.
- Raw honey: Honey has anti-septic and anti-microbial effects. It contains many nutrients that is excellent for the skin such as B vitamin, iron, manganese, copper, potassium and calcium. It draws moisture to the skin and keeps it soft. Honey releases peroxide properties that can prevent or heal acne by inhibiting bacterial growth. Honey brightens skin complexion and lightens scars tissues. Honey has a natural pH level of 4.5 which is also a healthy pH for the skin. Honey is suitable for all skin types and is loaded with antioxidant that can protect and detoxify the skin.
- Aloe vera juice: A super moisturizer and a skin health hero, aloe vera treats skin burn, acne, fights aging, reduces stretch marks and works as a moisturizer. Aloe also reduces pigmentation, wrinkles and dark spots. Aloe reduces inflammation and can assist in getting rid of eczema.
- Moringa oil: The antioxidants present in moringa oil do wonders for the skin health. It delivers nutrients to the skin, retains moisture of the skin, reduces wrinkles, blemishes and assist dry/flaking skin by strengthening the elasticity of the skin.
- • 1 tsp. of extra virgin coconut oil
- • ½ tsp. of organic chickpea flour
- • ¼ tsp. of fenugreek seed powder
- • ¼ tsp. of turmeric powder
- • 2 tsp. of organic yogurt
- • ½ tsp. of raw honey
- • 2 tsp. of aloe vera juice
- • 1-2 drop of moringa oil (optional)
- 1. Mix the dry ingredients together – chickpea, fenugreek powder and turmeric.
- 2. Add yogurt, aloe vera, honey, coconut oil and moringa oil.
- 3. Mix well to make a paste.
- 4. Apply gentle on your face and neck.
- 5. Keep for 10-15 minutes or when you feel it has dried out and is tightening your skin.
- 6. Remove gentle using coconut oil.
- 7. Wipe the face with hemp cloth with rose water.