In my earlier post I enlisted and discussed benefits of coconut for health, beauty and skin. Continuing on the same topic, here I am elaborating on benefits of coconut water and coconut water kefir. I will soon share a recipe for this too! Coconut Water:
- World’s best natural “soft drink” replacement and thirst quencher.
- Contains minerals such as calcium, iron, copper, manganese, magnesium, and zinc.
- Coconut water also contains B vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pyridoxine and folates. It is also rich in vitamin C.
- One of the highest sources of electrolytes (potassium, sodium) that replenish the hydration level in our body.
- Coconut water works as a blood builder and a purifier.
- Cytokinins a phytonutrients in coconut water is anti aging, and anti-cacogenic.
- Coconut water contains bioactive enzymes that help in digestion and metabolism.
- By drinking coconut water you can stop hiccup and vomiting.
- Inflammation, liver problems and urine retention due to heat can be soothed by drinking coconut water.
- Coconut water helps flush toxins from the body thus having a detoxifying effect.
- It reduces hot flashes and restores emotional stability in menopausal women.
- Ayurveda considers coconut as a natural stress buster and it cools down emotions.
- Burning sensation in hands and feet can also be cooled down my drinking coconut water.
Coconut water kefir:
- It is made by adding probiotic cultures or water kefir to the coconut water. Therefore it has all the benefits of a probiotic rich beverage.
- Refreshing, rich in electrolytes and minerals making it one of the best choice for rehydrating the body.
- It is rich in amino acids.
- Ideal to populate beneficial microflora in the gut.